On April 8, 2014, there is a school board election in Sioux Falls. There are two candidates on the ballot. The incumbent Douglas Morrison and challenger Roger Russell.
- If you are unable to vote on election day, absentee ballots (for voters in both Lincoln and Minnehaha County) will be available at the County Auditor’s Office, Minnehaha County Administration Building, 415 North Dakota Avenue, starting March 24, 2014, from 8:00 until 5:00 p.m. daily. Absentee ballots are available on election day until 3:00 p.m.
- If you are not registered to vote, you still have time to do that. Voter registration deadline for this election is Monday, March 24, 2014. Voter Registration Forms must be turned in to the respective county auditor (either Lincoln County or Minnehaha County) no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 24, 2014.
- Learn about the candidates. The League of Women Voters and the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a forum to be held Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in the Instructional Planning Center, 201 East 38th Street, Sioux Falls. The forum will be broadcast live on KLRN-TV, Cable Channel 20, and rebroadcast through election day. I don’t know what times and days it will be rebroadcast. I strongly encourage you to attend this event. You will have the opportunity to submit questions for the candidates. All questions are asked through a moderator. After the forum, you will have the opportunity to talk with the candidates.
- VOTE. Tuesday, April 8, 2014. The election will be conducted at 13 voting centers located throughout the city of Sioux Falls and the Sioux Falls School District. You can choose any one of the voting centers, regardless of where you live, to cast your ballot.
Vote Centers will be open from 7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M. at the following locations:
- First Lutheran Church, 327 S. Dakota Ave.
- Memorial Middle School, 1401 S. Sertoma Ave.
- Maricar Community Center, 400 N. Valley View Rd.
- Oyate Community Center, 2421 W. 15th St.
- Wesley United Methodist Church, 1700 E. 6th St.
- Sioux Falls Arena, 1201 N. West Ave.
- Peace Lutheran Church, 5509 W. 41st St.
- Kenny Anderson Community Center, 3701 E. 3rd St.
- Morningside Community Center, 2400 S. Bahnson Ave.
- Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 5500 E. 57th St.
- Faith Baptist Fellowship Hall, 601 W. 57th St.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 2425 S. Western Ave.
- Instructional Planning Center, 201 E. 38th St.