Shirley McCune, former OBE Senior Director at Mid-Continent Regional Educational Laboratory (MCREL)
From the 1989 National Governors’ Conference on Education
- Total transformation of our society (sound familiar?)
- Facts and information(knowledge) no longer primary purpose of education
- The close connection between economic(sustainable) development and human capital(labor)
- Educator whose job is to work with the social welfare community and put together a total network of HR development in that community where we can provide for all the needs of the children and adults in that community
- The earlier we intervene into the lives of people
These are the goals of “education” today through the Common Core.